DVWORKSHOPS INSTRUCTOR ARON RANEN'S LECTURES
ON STORYTELLING & VIDEOGRAPHY NOW ON-LINE
FREE VIDEO PROJECT PROPOSAL
Use our simple template below to create a professional looking proposal
FREE VIDEO PROJECT PROPOSAl
How to Write a Video Project Proposal
If you need to create a Project Proposal for a Client, below is a professional outline that you can use. Just copy, then add your information to the template below
Free Project Proposal Template
Below are the main project headings for use in a professional project proposal. COPY THIS, THEN ADD YOUR OWN CONTENT....SCROLL PAST TEMPLATE FOR EXAMPLE of how to fill out this form.
Sample project proposal template to copy
Video Development Process Overview
- Phase One: Planning
- Phase Two: Production
- Phase Three: Post-Production
- Phase Four: Mastering and Distribution Production Time-Line
Budget of Estimated Costs
- Consulting/Scripting and Pre-production
- Location Production
- Graphics & Music
- Editing, Digitization, DVD and Web movie Creation
Total Budget: ( added here )
Below is a Sample Proposal- Use as guideline to complete your template
EXAMPLE: a proposal for a Police Recruitment Video.
Once you have copied the above template, use this to help fill out your own professional looking proposal.
Proposal Part One. Objectives, Description and Key Messages -
Walnut View Police Recruiting Video Project Proposal
Develop and produce a Video program for use in attracting Police officers to the Walnut View Police Department.
1- 7-12 minute police recruitment video
Using documentary film techniques, the recruitment video will show the real-life job of an officer in the Walnut View Police Department.
We will profile rookies who have been in the department for under two years, seasoned officers with 7-10 years on the force and special operations officers. The police chief will address the potential recruit, and the Mayor will communicate his personal commitment to the police department. The film will also highlight the quality of life in the city of Walnut View.
Key messages for the police recruitment video will include:
- Multifaceted team approach to fighting crime in Walnut View
- Opportunities to learn investigation skills, and conduct your own crime scenes investigations, and follow-up
- Advanced, High tech equipment, and training on this gear
- Opportunity to participate and be trained in special swat teams
- Huge Community support and respect for Officers.
- Walnut View-the City..Restaurants, entertainment, proximity to San Francisco.
Proposal Part Two: The Video Development Process
Video Development Process Overview
Phase One: Planning
- Research real-life Patrolmen to feature in video
- Coordinate and pre-produce locations and schedule shooting days/nights.
- Create rough outline
- Film all scenarios
- This includes multiple "Ride-alongs" with officers selected to participate.
- We may film at least four officers, and select the best for use in the video
Phase Three: Post-Production
- Complete rough edits of video for Client review.
- Incorporate client feedback. Re-edit video, submit for client approval or changes, then final re-edit and approval.
- The editing and filming is a collaborative team effort with filmmaker Aron Ranen and Walnut View Police Department.
Phase Four: Mastering and Distribution
- Files are also delivered in H264 format
- September 2015 - Phase One begins
- October-November 2015- Phase One and Two are completed
- December 2015- Phase Three and Four are completed
Note that timing may change due to availability of people and locations.
By showing the real-life experiences of new and seasoned veterans, the viewer will get an honest picture of the work involved. The result, officers who will stay with the department for an extended period of time.
Proposal Part Three: Estimate of Costs BUDGET
Walnut View Police Department Recruitment Budget
Consulting/Scripting and Pre-production $1,900.00
Location Production costs $4,600.00
Graphics & Music $ 900.00
Total Budget $14,800.00
Travel Expenses will be billed seperately
(This is a first proposal budget estimate..some clients may require more details)