The most important part of interviewing someone is listening. It allows you to build your questions from people's answers, creating more authentic material. Some of the techniques I use are included in the clip below. They Include:
- Ask open-ended questions, no questions that can be answered by a "yes" or "no"
- Build your questions from Answers
- Repeat the "Last 3 words" of a person's answers, instead of going to your next question.
- Ask "Contrast & Compare" Questions
- The last question should always be "Is there anything that I have not asked that you would like to share with me?"
- Record "Room Tone" at the end for at least 60 Seconds. (ambient room noise with no-one talking.